A Will is a document to look after your affairs and business after you are gone. A privately owned Business, small or large, is not served well in the long run without the necessary planning by its owners and their families.
A WIll and your Estate is a sensitive matter, and we advise clients on a personal level about their estate planning and their planning for the succession of the ownership and management of the business.
Our wills & estates practice includes families and others looking for high quality, practical and effective advice (including related tax advice) concerning estates of themselves and their parents.
Our wills & estates services include:
- Advice to avoid or control family conflict
- Business Succession Planning
- Will planning including straightforward wills for families, and complex testamentary plans to resolve problems relating to taxes and family conflict
- Asset protection strategies
- Contentious and non-contentious probate matters
- Estate Administration including advice to estate trustees, attorneys and other fiduciaries
- Estate Litigation & Mediation
- Inter vivos trusts and education trusts for children or grandchildren
- Investment and Family Trusts
- Powers of attorney for both property and for personal care, including living wills
- Guardianship of property and the person, including assistance to develop meaningful management plans