Our lawyers are experienced in providing practical and wide range of advice to both employers and employees, in human resource, employment law and labour relations. We provide the necessary guidance employers need on the various employment related issues which can arise in the purchase and sale of a business.
Our approach is to provide sound, realistic and, where possible, proactive advice to assist clients in avoiding or resolving employment law issues in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
We provide expert representation in disputes, for either employers or employees, in relation to a broad range of employment law disputes. We have great success in resolving disputes through mediation and negotiation, before unnecessary legal and court costs are incurred. However, our firm has successfully represented clients before all levels of court in Ontario, in arbitrations and before various boards and tribunals.
Our wide range of employment and labour relations related services includes the following:
- Drafting and/or negotiation of employment contracts
- Drafting and/or negotiation of confidentiality, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements
- Drafting and revising a wide variety of employment policies and procedures to ensure employers are in compliance with all statutory and regulatory obligations
- Reviewing employment contracts to ensure compliance with legal obligations and to ensure enforceability, particularly in relation to termination/severance provisions and with respect to non-solicitation and non-competition clauses
- Advising clients in relation to severance pay or termination packages
- Advising clients in relation to “just clause” claims
- Advising clients in relation to workplace disciplinary proceedings
- Assisting clients with workplace investigations related to alleged misconduct or human rights violations
- Representing clients in relation to claims of wrongful or constructive dismissal
- Representing clients in investigations and disputes arising under the Employment Standards Act, 2000 (Ontario), the Canada Labour Code, the Ontario Labout Relations Act, the Human Rights Code, the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act and more
- Advising client in relation to employment law issues which arise in the purchase or sale of a business